In 2012 Conserve Southwest Utah signed a Cooperative Agreement with the BLM St. George Field Office to create the volunteer group, Southwest Utah National Conservation Lands Friends, known by the acronym SUNCLF.
SUNCLF’s mission is to conserve, protect, and restore the Red Cliffs and Beaver Dam Wash National Conservation Areas (NCAs) and other public lands managed by the St. George Field Office.
SUNCLF’s objectives are to:
- Develop and coordinate volunteer programs with BLM
- Help BLM develop and monitor sustainable recreational opportunities
- Promote resource protection and visitor safety
- Supplement, develop, and distribute BLM’s interpretive, educational and scientific materials
- Expand and grow partnerships and cooperative opportunities with individuals, groups, communities, tribes, agencies, schools and universities
- Support and expand BLM’s association with researchers at universities and colleges
- Foster appropriate research within the NCAs
- Strengthen collaboration with other National Conservation Lands friends groups
- Raise funds to support SUNCLF and BLM projects